3/17/11

Favorite Childhood Memory

         My favorite childhood memory was from five years ago, I was eight at the time and was happy that I had a new baby sister. The only reason I remember it so fondly is because, well Ill just start from the beginning instead...... Just like every other birth it starts out beginning a huge bulge in the mothers stomach, then after a long time the mother gives birth in a hospital (hopefully) and there's a new baby boy/girl that comes into the world. When my mom had to go to the hospital to give birth she was there over Christmas, so we brought all her presents how, i got my mom a present and gave it to her while she was in the hospital. Anyway like usually as my mom was giving birth i was out in the hospital and when it was okay I went back into the room and saw my new baby sister.
        Like every other first born they have to stay in the hospital for a certain amount of days. When she was one days old we still ended visiting my mom and sister daily, just like the rest of my family who came to see my new born sister. On that day though there wasn't really anyone visiting that day and I ended holding my sister, sense she was so young they wanted me to sit in the rocking chair just so I didn't drop her or anything like that (I was eight and clumsy). Sense I was in the rocking chair I obviously started rocking back and forth and for the first time my sister fell asleep in my arms while I was rocking her and  of course my parents being parents they took a picture of me while I had her in the rocking chair sleeping. The only reason I truly remember that is because that was a complete first for me and  at the time she was a sweet innocent baby, of course now though she's not close to being sweet or innocent. Another reason I remember that is because as my was in the hospital I ended sleeping in the hospital in the room with her just because my step dad wanted stay with her and so did I.

No comments:

Post a Comment